Sunday, March 22, 2009

Market Days




Today has been a delight. The kids stayed in their pyjamas all day and I actually dug my fingers in the dirt and did some gardening. It was one of those misty sundays, spent lazily. When I wasn't outside I was padding around the house in odd slippers, feeding the children marshmallows and gourmet cupcakes (from yesterdays Mothers Market, yum).

The last few months have been fairly relentlessly hectic, with lots on at work and home and I have been making myself more busy by going to a couple of Markets.

Last weekend was the lovely Beach Market at Blackman's Bay, it was so nice on a sunny, beachy Saturday morning. I didn't take any photos but had the great pleasure of meeting Mel, of One Crafty Mumma fame. She is hugely talented and always has great ideas on her blog. She also bought some necklaces and a Pocket Panda, so that was an extra thrill.

This Friday night and Saturday was the Mother's Market in Battery Point. I remembered the camera this time and took some shots of the setup, although it looks a little spare in these ones. I had a wonderful time and it was such a pleasure to be a part of. Those gals are so talented and the stalls are just so beautiful and elegant.

If you haven't found them yet, then you should check out these wonderful Tasmanian designer/makers.... Dick and Dora, Phat Flats, Verna + Hilda, Gilded Pony, Simone Pfister, Baby Hoot, Cherish, plus, Magoolie, Rebecca Roth, Kiswa, Sarah Elliott Design, just to name a phew!

Hello to everyone I met at the Market!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures and all the wonderful links!!!

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to meet you too! I've been wearing my necklaces nearly every day. Actually, I've been wearing both of the designs together on one necklace as well as seperately. I'm still obsessing over them.
Pocket Panda went to school with Bella for show and tell too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails