Friday, July 14, 2006

Bastille Day, as it happens...



... and a new family friend, a reindeer, no less. Not really a Rein-deer, just an ordinary dear, whatever that is.

Somehow he just fits the bill and seems perfect in that space over the mantle that has been empty since we moved in (just waiting for a relic of death to fill its patient ambition).

I know, I should feel morbid about the nature of this new decoration, but frankly it is quite beautiful, serene even. And for some weird reason I have quite fancied the thought of one since I was a child. It might have been the tartan/highland/heathy fashion of the time (sometime in the 80s). Or maybe it feels more landed gentry, in any case, he was a wonderful surprise present from R to mark our 10 years together!

Perhaps we will both be in therapy in 10 more years, trying to figure out the symbolism of that token, until then, tally-ho.

ps. Harriet if you read this ring me, I have some news

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly IS morbid, but beautiful.
Enjoy till your therapist recommends to get rid of it!

Anonymous said...

boy, lots of additions since I was last there ;0)it is very nice but I couldn't sit there having it watch me. congrates on your 10 years. ~U.S.A. Auntie

Anonymous said...

Forget the tree - I'll get a red nose to you by Christmas!

Anonymous said...

has Harriet rung yet?

Related Posts with Thumbnails