Thursday, May 13, 2010

I ♡ Clutter




I really love this style of decorating and this unique apartment is a great example of how love and clutter can be so homely and comforting.

It is the home of Michael Quinn and he says his dual principle are ‘put like with like’ and ‘how high can i reach with a hammer.’ A man after my own heart!!!

This is what he says about his home....



"By and large this apartment has become something of a refugee camp for Things That No One Else Wants. I am one of those people who thinks if you love something, you can find a way to incorporate it into the mix; if something speaks to me, there is always room in my inn."



Read more and see more pix at Design Sponge..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness how cute! So many things for visitors to look at!

Clare Mansell said...

Maybe its just because I live in a arid mediterranean country where everything gets coated in dust as quickly as you can clean it, but as beautiful as that aprtment is, I just think "think of the dusting!" :-)

Rachel said...

Can I live there? ;)

Harriet said...

Its lovely but he must have an army of cleaners ... oh my I am having heart palpitations just thinking about the never ending dusting.

Anastasia said...

i feel the same...homes that are picture perfect are just not lived in...i love having my stuff nearby, my books, my crafts...my piles!

Little Snoring said...

It is quite funny that a few of you have mention the dust, because it did cross my mind too. I even chose pictures that were less cluttered, so if you have a dust allergy - don't click through to see the rest of the apartment because you might just faint!

Related Posts with Thumbnails